[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Boxofit.com - View topic - First Meetup (...and Bioshock!)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 First Meetup (...and Bioshock!) 

I haven't played a Bioshock game yet. I've been meaning to, but things keep coming up.

Secretary of Defense
Chairman, Transport for AYU
Founder of wootrail
Deputy Director of the Border Force

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The meetup went well, although turn out was smaller than anticipated. I had intended to combat that for the upcoming meetup (15th) by placing flyers in pretty much every video game and comic book shop in Santa Rosa, Escambia, and Baldwin counties - not to mention a mass craigslist, meetup, facebook, and twitter campaign.

Regrettably, however, the small turnout last time meant that a donation hat wasn't passed around, and that leaves me (personally) having to bite the expensive of another meetup (and snacks, and advertising). So, right now the 15th meetup is only tentative unless I can get a significant RSVP pool going (I had about 18 RSVPs for the previous meetup - but nowhere near that many people showed up).

I'm not opposed to paying for these meetups out of pocket - but I definitely want the staff to guest ratio to improve (last meetup, staff outnumbered guests). If I can't improve on that ratio, I may as well just host a closed group here in my house - and spare myself about a hundred+ dollars per meetup (between conference room, snacks, and promotion costs).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for BioShock: Bioshock 1 & 2 are great, although rather linear. I haven't played Infinite, but have researched it and it seems promising, although not what we've come to recognize as a "bioshock" game. Infinite feels more like a First Person Shooter, with a touch of super-power mixed. Don't get me wrong, I intend to buy, play, and beat this game - and I'll have fun doing it - but the gameplay mechanic seems to have changed greatly from an immersive atmospheric horror to a rather fast paced "shoot stuff in neat environments" game.

In traditional bioshock fashion though, the game is short. I think you may have around 16 or so hours of gameplay total - so I don't know that you'll necessarily have replay value in that; and that's why I've not picked it up yet.

If you have a PS3, I believe the bioshock 1 demo should still be available for free on the PSN. It's the full first chapter of the game, and it should give you a feel for the game as a whole.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't feel bad, I'm a founding member and couldn't make it, also I played the first bioshock, but not inifinite yet, I'll get around to it soon enough though, count on it.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just played through Dishonored twice (once legit for the 'I killed absolutely everything that I saw move'/"Bad" ending, and once with a trainer to invisible my way through for the good ending) and I sure FELT like I was playing some odd hybrid between Assassin's Creed and Bioshock.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]