[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Boxofit.com - View topic - A New Server Rig
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A New Server Rig 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perhaps "New" Isn't the best term I could use here... Since the cost of hard drives that would work with my two large Dell PowerEdge 2600 Servers ultimately resulted in both servers being scrapped - the only dedicated server left in my dated arsenal is one I picked up while working with in Jacksonville.

It's a small Dell PowerEdge SC420 with 2GB of RAM: Not nearly as powerful as I would like.

But because I don't need it do anything other than host a WoW Database and possibly a minecraft server (which is actually more resource intensive than the WoW server), it should do nicely. The trouble with the SC420 is that it's drivers exist pretty much exclusively for Small Business Server 2003 - and while I have a perfectly valid product key stuck to the side of the tower, finding discs that will accept this Dell OEM product key have proven nearly impossible.

However, after a week of hunting I've managed to get my hands on some Dell OEM Windows Small Business Server 2003 R1 disks - so hopefully I'll be able to get the machine up and running tonight.

If I am successful, I'll be able to deposit this machine somewhere with far more reliable internet than I have out here in the country - meaning I can begin to host all manner of content, even if my internet at the house doesn't permit me to enjoy it :/

Tue May 28, 2013 5:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

So far so good. Currently installing and configuring ISS and active directory. If all goes well, I may have WoW running full time on this rig as soon as tonight!

Tue May 28, 2013 6:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tri-Tri-Tripple Post!!!!

Anyway, I'm currently posting from the new rig. I've finished the initial setup, and am porting over the registration website for WoW - but am having some trouble getting the server visible to anyone accessing using something other than a network IP. I've tripple checked my portforwarding, so I don't know what could be up - but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

------

After thought - this site looks good even in Internet Explorer 6. Granted, the PNGs don't have transparent backgrounds - but that aside - lookin' good.

Tue May 28, 2013 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]