[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Boxofit.com - View topic - Seeking New Anime
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Seeking New Anime 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Attention All (with special focus from Mike):

I am seeking a new anime series. Something along the comedic Slice of Life path... Basically, I'm looking for something Nichijou- or Azumanga Diaoh-like (since regrettably both of these have concluded).

I'm not opposed to something action-y - so long as it's either A) A 'magic number' anime (26 or so episodes for a good, complete story that doesn't drag on forever: See; Cowboy Bebop, TriGun, Blue Gender, Wolf's Rain, Natsume) or B) Comedic and not too terribly serious (such as the first season (or half season) of MANY animes such as Bleach, Naruto, etc. But then they go and ruin it by making it to where you miss a week and when you tune back in, the world is exploding and everyone is going to die - and week after that we're all playing soccer with people we were previous die-hard enemies with.

Soooo... Yeah.

Halp Please

Tue May 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Historical favorite, meets the criteria, partial query match (One season, concluded)

All-time favorite, does not meet the criteria completely, but is a partial match (One season, concluded)

Current favorite, meets the criteria (Five seasons, ongoing)

If you need more, let me know.

Secretary of Defense
Chairman, Transport for AYU
Founder of wootrail
Deputy Director of the Border Force

Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll have to image search those in order to get a title - but that's not much effort.

Thank you for your suggestions. Will likely start on the third one tomorrow.

Wed May 22, 2013 10:18 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just finished out the first episode of So Ra No Wo To (Henceforth: Sound of the Sky - because the other name is horrible to type) and thus far I adore this series.

Of course, I thought Desert Punk was awesome until the last 5 or 6 episodes. Seriously, if you've seen Desert Punk, and care to join me in my "WTF was that?!" rant - feel free. If you haven't seen Desert Punk, Watch the first 18 or 19 episodes, and then just imagine your own ending. Any ending at all you can dream of will be better than the one they went with, I promise.

Last edited by woot on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

my eyes

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was, I believe, the single best thing I've watched in the past decade. Simply... Perfect. Thank you for your recommendation. I'm sorry I blew through all the episodes in one day, but I was simply riveted (and unemployed).

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 pm

hue

Secretary of Defense
Founder of wootrail
Deputy Director of the Border Force

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Secretary of Defense